- Delhi University to reopen in a phased manner from next week, said senior officials on Thursday. According to officials, the colleges will re-open for third-year students in science streams and those that require laboratories for practicals.
- A bipartisan group of influential senators on Friday urged the Biden Administration to accelerate the process of issuing visas to international students, a move likely to benefit thousands of Indians who want to join their classes this Fall. In India, for instance in Delhi, only emergency visas are currently being issued by the U.S. Embassy, as a result of which a large number of Indian students are uncertain about their academic future for the next session beginning this Fall.
- Colleges affiliated to the University of Calicut are witnessing a heavy rush of students for admissions to undergraduate courses this year. Teachers say even those who scored cent percent marks in Class XII may find it difficult to get courses of their choice.
- The National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) is set to become India’s first education board to offer Board exam online from 2022.
- DUET 2021 dates have been released. Delhi University Entrance Test will be conducted on September 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 and October 1, 2021.